Subject: Re: NetBSD on IBM Model 80 MCA ps2?????
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/2001 17:36:25
NetBSD Bob wrote:
> I was poking around in some ps2 bits in the archives and noticed that
> there seemed to be some IBM MCA PS/2 support for these machines.
> Is anyone actually running an IBM Model 80 MCA PS/2 type machine with
> NetBSD?  If so, that would be neat... since I have run AIX-1 on the
> things since 1988, but, it would be nice if a NetBSD ran on them.
> IFF anyone is using IBM Model 80's or similar MCA hardware with
> NetBSD, please share your experiences with it to me, off list.

I'm working on NetBSD support for MCA machines on PS/2 model 70,
I think model 80 should work just as well. Even the 386DX is quite
usable, it's good to be able to run NetBSD on them, giving it
new life with modern and decent OS.

If you'd have any questions, just ask :) List of currently supported
hardware is at:
	http://www.NetBSD.org/Hardware/mca.html

More stuff would be supported eventually; it's mostly matter of getting
the MCA cards to my hands, so that the driver could be debugged
easily. I get quite a few queries about IBM SCSI (many PS/2 models
have them, some say 3/4 of them); however, nobody donated an IBM SCSI
cards for development so far.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!