Subject: Re: panic in 1.5.1_BETA with APM
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@nomadiclab.com>
From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2001 16:01:24
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 03:01:09PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> I'm running 1.5.1_BETA on my old laptop (HP Omnibook 4150) and
> the kernel panics before entering multiuser mode if I activate
> APM in the GENERIC config file. Is anyone else seeing this?
> The panic occurs right after the APM subsystem is probed.

Hi,

Did your laptop work fine with APM before using 1.5.1_BETA (e.g.
with 1.5)? If so, you might want to submit a problem report on this
using "send-pr".

There are various options relating to APM that can be tweaking when
building a kernel:

options APM_V10_ONLY
will restrict the kernel to using APM v1.0 calls (which might
be worth trying).

best wishes,
--
Chris