Subject: Re: ex0 driver trouble in -current
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2001 21:55:31
According to Wolfgang Rupprecht:

>This only works if no program is using the nfs partition as its
>current working directory.  Seeing how my home directory is nfs-ed
>that makes it really hard.

Indeed it does :-(

>I have tried to put a handful of sync()s in the apm script, but it is
>not 100% reliable.

No, it would not be.

Have you considered using Coda instead of NFS? Mind you, Coda is
broken slightly in recent -current's and it is an experimental file
system but it does allow you to suspend and resume without side
effects, even disconnect the laptop from the network and have your
working set still avaliable.