Subject: Re: ex0 driver trouble in -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2001 12:08:56
feico@pasta.cs.uit.no (Feico Dillema) writes:
> Still question remains whether
> on a desktop machine the network interface should go into power-save
> mode in the first place (and loose connectivity). Presonally, I'd
> prefer to see connectivity intact (at least for standby mode). You can
> always add ifconfig down to /etc/amd scripts if you want to...

On my sony vaio the ifconfig only works well if there are no
outstanding NFS writes.  If there are any then the machine hangs after
the "ifconfig XXX down" and you have to bring up the interface by hand
to finish the buffer flushes.  The machine then goes to sleep with the
ethernet still powered up.

I for one wish the kernel would do the correct power save thing for
the tlp cardbus.  Its a real pain to have 1 out of 2 apm-sleeps hang.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/