Subject: Re: atapi front-end for tape driver
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/2001 21:01:37
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 09:52:24AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> I just commited to -current an ATAPI front end for the st driver.
> This means that we can now build kernel with
> st*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000
> and st should be attached instead of uk for an ATAPI tape.
> If we're luky it'll even work :)
>
> If someone with an ATAPI tape can give it a try, please tell me how it goes !

Those testing this should be aware that certain ATAPI tape drives, though
they will probably match with this driver, do *not* implement the standard
tape drive command set and will almost certainly not work.  The most obvious
example is the OnStream drive; there may be others.

    And now he couldn't remember when this passion had flown, leaving him so
  foolish and bewildered and astray: can any man?
						   William Styron