Subject: Re: uvn_flush: WARNING: changes to page may be lost!
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2001 16:28:25
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> do you have a way of triggering this problem on demand,
> or is it an occasional thing?

Okay, I've found a way to reproduce the problem, although I don't know
how helpful it is :)

- Mount a CDROM on the NetBSD/alpha machine

- Connect to the CD's share point from a Windows box (samba-2.0.7.1.3
  from pkgsrc installed on the NetBSD machine)

- From the Windows box, open a Microsoft Word file that's on the CD
  (Word 2000, if it matters)

- Close the Word file

Then either
a) Attempt to unmount the CDROM from the NetBSD machine (i.e. umount
   /cdrom). The umount fails with "umount: /cdrom: Device busy", but the
   uvn_flush message gets printed.

or

b) Disconnect from the share, then unmount the CDROM. The umount
   succeeds, and the uvn_flush message gets printed.