Subject: Re: 3Com HomeConnect External Cable Modem USB
To: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2001 16:19:57
>I just recently signed up for cable modem access from my provider, and
>they shipped me a 3Com HomeConnect External Cable Modem USB
>(3CR29223).  This cable modem has a cable connection, a USB
>connection, and a RJ45 connection.  I'd really like to be able to use
>the USB connection directly so that I don't have to purchase an
>additional Ethernet NIC to turn my machine into a NAT gateway.  Does
>anyone know what kind of USB Ethernet chip is used in this modem?
>Which USB Ethernet driver will drive this modem?

just curious...did you try calling your provider and telling them that
they need to give you an ethernet card for this to work?  i just got a
cable modem and they gave me a realtek 8139 which i didn't need
(because i promptly made a crossover cable for the modem and plugged it
into the hub) but have a use for elsewhere.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|