Subject: Re: Bizarre ESS Maestro-2 Problems with 1.5U on Dell 5k
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
From: Kevin Sindhu <kevin@trespassing.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2001 15:06:24
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply.

|   From your dmesg, I notice that your USB controller and the Maestro
are
| sharing irq 5.  Just to make sure, could you try and deactivate USB
(in
| the BIOS and/or the kernel) and see if it works then?

Mucking around with my environment, I realized that it was Gnome
Sound, that was taking the device. As I run Enlightenment, I did not
think it could be Gnome. Anyway, I disabled Gnome sound, and it seems
to work great(for now). Otherwise, would anything nasty happen if I
attach a USB device to the same IRQ as the sound card? Can I manually
specify the IRQ to be lets say 9 or something?

Regards

-Kevin