Subject: Re: isdnd & rc.d
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/2001 02:12:18
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:53:34PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > Should SERVERS REQUIRE isdnd? (In the same was it it REQUIREs ppp)
>
> Possibly, but i don't use isdn in production so i can't give a
> definitive answer here.

Sounds logical to me. Wether this will make a change for you very much
depends on your exact networking configuration (so it did work without this
dependency for me). But adding it will push isdnd to an early place in the
startup sequence, so the internet connection (and for example nameservers)
are available when starting random daemons. If this is not what the user
wants, there are provisions in the configuration variables for isdnd to
prevent the early dial-out.

Martin