Subject: Re: NetBSD for HP9000/800 anyone?
To: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2001 16:55:45
> I know there is work on a HP9000/700 port, and I can't believe they
> are that drastically different that a port can't be dragged out of
> it.

You underestimate HP's inventiveness. :-)

The main challenge to a 800 port is the different busses that have
been used over the years; documentation is not publicly available for
some of these, including the HP-PB bus used by the G70 Peter Eisch
mentioned.

I recommend that anyone who is interested in a PA-RISC port start by
looking at the documentation that has been released by HP for the
PA-RISC Linux port.  There's a good overview of which machines are
targetted for support:

http://www.parisc-linux.org/
http://www.parisc-linux.org/hardware/supported.html

Regards,