Subject: Xircom Realport Ethernet 10 RE-10 not being properly configured
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2001 23:36:46
Running 1.5.1_BETA from the i386 snapshot area.  Trying to install via FTP
onto a NEC Versa 486SL2 20Meg laptop.  Used the bootlap1.fs and bootlap2.fs
floppies.

The RE-10 is recognized like this:

xi0 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x400-0x40f: Xircom CreditCard 10/100 Ethernet
xio: Ethernet address 00:10:a4:e4:a2:d2
pcmcia0: card ira 9

Note that the RE-10 is not 10/100 - it's just 10

During sysinst, after configuring a hard IP address,gateway,nameserver it says:

There was a problem in setting up the network.  Either your gateway or your
nameserver was not reachable by a ping.  Do you want to configure your
network again?  (No aborts the install process.)

I am certain that I have the correct values for my gateway and nameserver,
as well as the machine (I have 4 class C networks here).

Any suggestions?  Thanks, as usual!

-Mike