Subject: Re: rc.d network vs NETWORK
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/2001 20:02:43
>What it does for a standard /etc/rc.d can be seen at
>
>http://www.newn.cam.ac.uk/prlw/NetBSD/rc.ps

that's very pretty.  i won't pretend that i fully understand it (i
think i do), but that's not important right now.

what it did do for me was graphically illustrate to me that virecover
seems to be running far too early.  i probably should (as the comment
says in the script) depend on mail, but it should also depend on
securelevel.

virecover causes mail to be sent to users which can possibly cause
programs to be run on behalf of the user (think .forward).  perhaps
virecover should be changed to REQUIRE LOGIN?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|