Subject: Re: kern/12591 (1.5.1_BETA panic in reboots), but in a severe stage !!
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/2001 17:02:56
On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 01:43:38PM +0200, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
> Since upgrading to 1.5.1_BETA I get regular panics during
> shutdowns/reboots (!) on several (3) different (all with nfs
> client/server, some with raidframe, one with running ipf/ipnat) i386
> machines. The booting itself works (despite the time consuming fsck
> and raid reconstruct stuff) fine, also the normal running.

[...]

>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2001/04/10/0000.html

[...]

Looking at the PR, it looks like mbuf chain corruption somewhere.
What is the activity common to all these systems? You have NFS
enabled for server and client in the kernel, but are they actually
used actively as such? If you avoid any NFS activity, will it still
panic at reboot?

(I'm trying to work out if this is an NFS problem or not)

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/