Subject: Re: Bad things with NetBSD and IP
To: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@dotrocket.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2001 12:53:11
In message <200104130059.RAA00697@dakkon.darykon.cet.com>"Gerald C. Simmons" wr
ites
>On Thu Apr 12 Kevin wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm.  Sometimes you have to flush out the ARP tables in cases like
>> that, although that doesn't explain ping-able systems that can't
>> be reached via TCP.  Weird.  You might try flushing the route table
>> next time ("route -f") and reinstalling whatever routes seem appropriate.
>
>Ya Know, I thought of flushing the route tables with route -f. But, that had
>no effect.

Weird.  But I guess you knew that. :-)

>How do you flush the ARP tables???

I don't actually think there is a separate command to do this, alas
(I would've thought that route -f would take care of it as well, but
it doesn't appear to).  I just run a quick script:

# arp -d | awk '{print "arp -d " $1}' | sh

If there's an easy command to do it, I'd love to hear about it.

Kevin
kml@dotrocket.com

[BTW, did I send the reply to you privately, or to the list at large?]