Subject: Re: 1.5R botched ld.elf_so ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Bernstein <poobah@ruptured-duck.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2001 19:29:51
I believe I just got bit by this bug, i.e LD_RUN_PATH being set where
I did 'make build'. The build collapsed with a seg fault immediately
after ld.elf_so was installed, at least that's my recollection after I
scrambled into damage-control-mode. I couldn't save the last gasps as
at that point no editor would work. I couldn't even su to reboot - had
to do a reset (arrgh).

SO, now that this system is back up with 1.5.1 Beta snapshots, my
question is: why do I have LD_RUN_PATH set? It would seem to me that
if this was _at all_ a common practice then the PR last year about
this little circumstance would have attracted attention sufficient to
get it resolved?

In short, am I doing something wrong with this, from .cshrc, which
iirc I put into place in order to get my own compilation of KDE2 to
run:

setenv  LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/pkg/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/X11R6/qt2/lib:/usr/loca
l/kde/lib:/usr/local/kde/lib/kde2
setenv  LD_RUN_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

--
Bob Bernstein