Subject: Re: 1.5.1 Floppy image
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2001 11:54:18
On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 09:17:50PM +0200, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
> Yes, and IMHO, it was a bad decision : on the G4 I'm painfully
> installing, the only kernel that boots on the HFS partition is boot.fs
> (the old one). Unfortunately yours can't, since there is no keyboard
> support.

Well, I wish you'd said so at the time, or at least requested an
alternate disk some time recently. I thought I was pretty vocal
about being willing to make one, if someone had a better suggestion
of what to leave out.

> Since the internal 100TX ethernet card is *not* recognised by the
> Install kernel, I think my approch, which was dropping NFS, was better.

Except that many internal Ethernet cards *are* recognized.

This needing to have multiple disks for various machines is just a
further sign that we need multiple floppy support on the macppc
port.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net