Subject: Re: large disk preformance (interactive lags in 1.5.1-BETA)
To: Dwight Tuinstra <tuinstra@clarkson.edu>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2001 21:12:05
If you have plenty of memory and are using 1.5, you may try to bump
BUFCACHE or BUGPAGES (see options(4)) or/and use MFS on /tmp.

NetBSD -current has integrated UBC, so it uses all available machine
memory as I/O buffers automatically. Thus, the reponsiveness
should be (much) better on -current for your scenario (plenty of RAM,
slow disk).

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=<>=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!