Subject: Re: anoncvs via ssh broken?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2001 18:41:07
On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 09:44:00PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> I know I saw something recently about ssh no longer being setuid.
>
> So, how is it that prevents me from cvs'ing to anoncvs.netbsd.org?
>
> I've not made any other changes, other than updating from 1.5K to
> 1.5T, but now any attempt to run cvs gives me a "connection refused"
> error.

Yeah, looks like it's on the server end:

cygnus:/release# ssh anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org
Connection to anoncvs.netbsd.org closed.
cygnus:/release# uname -a
NetBSD cygnus 1.5 NetBSD 1.5 (SCINTILA) #0: Wed Mar 14 17:46:27 EST 2001     gr@cygnus:/usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/SCINTILA macppc

achemar:/usr/xsrc# ssh anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org
Connection to anoncvs.netbsd.org closed.
achemar:/usr/xsrc# uname -a
NetBSD achemar 1.5S NetBSD 1.5S (SCINTILA-INSECURE) #0: Thu Mar 22 16:00:55 EST 2001      gr@achemar:/usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/SCINTILA-INSECURE macppc

pserver still works (I'm doing a checkout of netbsd-1-5 using it
right now), and has frequently been more reliable for lengthy
checkouts over the past few months anyhow.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net