Subject: Re: large disk preformance
To: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2001 22:50:45
Tyrel Beede drunkenly mumbled...
> Yeah, It would be nice if I could put the SCSI drive back in but the reason I
> replaced it is because it crashed.  Given the SCSI drive should operate faster but

that's a shame.

> I was just thinking that this slow down seems to be a bit odd... I was thinking it
> might be realated to some of the UBC work and I was hoping somebody might have a
> few tips on tuning the UBC for larger disks.

hmmm, don't use IDE, i'm a SCSI Bigot, so i don't know what to tell you, maybe
someone more in tune with the IDE aspect of things will be able to help you
more.

cheers,

-brian

ps: /tmp doesn't need to be huge, see if you can find a fast small SCSI disk
just to put /tmp on.  just a thought.