Subject: Re: kern/12187: nfs_timer: ignoring error 55- what's it for and why does it whine so? (fwd)
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2001 22:50:06
In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0104061629540.7154-100000@zeppo.feral.com>, you write
:

-> FWIW-  I believe that 1.6 should not ship without this being addressed.
-> I've just about given up trying to link alpha kernels if the destination
-> FS is NFS mounted- I have to reset the Alpha to recover.

I've seen similar streams of output except with error 48 when trying to
boot my Indigo2 with root on NFS, but that could have been 'cuz I was using
the PROM console and the ethernet driver was printing a lot of stuff out
(like a line per received packet or receive interrupt).

Like you, I had no idea what it meant or what to do about it, though making
the driver not printf quite as excessively made it go away.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net