Subject: Installing on a ThinkPad 560x
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2001 11:33:20
OK, so I've tried to look at the install docs and the FAQ, and I can't get
the system to the point of loading the Intel/Xircom PCMCIA ethernet card.

If I use the standard boot-laptop, it doesn't show the network card. So I
followed the instructions and loaded a kernel onto the HD. It wanted
/dev/console, so I made a /dev directory and ran MAKEDEV. Now it says
"init: not found" and panics. I tried building my own current laptop
kernel with the PCIC lines on the FAQ and I have the same problem.

Am I using the wrong kernel? Anyone have any hints?

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte