Subject: Re: Does the batch build of pkgsrc work?
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Tero Kivinen <kivinen@ssh.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2001 11:25:29
agc@pkgsrc.org (Alistair Crooks) writes:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:24:31PM +0300, Tero Kivinen wrote:
> > I have been trying to do batch build of the whole pkgsrc for while,
> > but I seem to run in lots of problems. Has anybody tested batch
> > building lately?

Found out that the printindex didn't work because of the code finding
out of the package name directory was commented out. It caused all
kinds of problems (i.e the PKG_INFO -qe getting empty argument,
causing it pkg_info -qe $$pkgname to fail, which I fixed by adding the
quotes...

The printindex seems already been fixed few days ago:
revision 1.4
date: 2001/03/31 04:09:58;  author: dmcmahill;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
uncomment an important line which should have never been commented out.
printindex works now.

> > Then some building at least www/wwwcount seems to hung for waiting the
> > "yes" to finish (i.e the yes consumes 98% of cpu time, and nothing
> > happens, when I kill the yes then the installation continues).

This problem seems to be there still...
--
kivinen@ssh.fi                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/