Subject: Re: Problems make build (libamu or ufsmount ?)
To: Jan H. van Gils <JanVG@Knoware.NL>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/2001 11:50:59
On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 08:28:08PM +0200, Jan H. van Gils wrote:
> 	Manuel,
>
> Well the status .....
>
> I downloaded the complete new NetBSD-current (And replaced the current
> source tree)
> I did a kernel build and there where no problems. The kernel version is know
> 1.5T.
>
> But when I try to do a make build the following problem
> keeps occurring
>
> install -r -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 /u02/src/usr.sbin/rtadvd/rtadvd.conf
> /usr/share/examples/rtadvd/rtadvd.conf
> install: /usr/examples/rtadvd/rtadvd.conf: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

I guess the error is about '/usr/share/examples/rtadvd/rtadvd.conf', rigth ?

Can you please check that mtree run at the beggining of 'make build' doesn't
return any error ?
It's possible that because you're missing something in you /etc/passwd or
/etc/group (which don't get updated by make build of course :) mtree
fails, and thus doesn't create the directory tree. If so you need to
add users and groups from src/etc/master.passwd & src/etc/group to
your system.
Last time this happened to me it was because of user & group "named"; this
is noted in the file src/UPDATING