Subject: Re: Suspected file system corruption with current CVS
To: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
From: User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/2001 14:39:02
> I've been trying to checkout the whole CVS tree over a 56K modem.
> This has involved doing it over more than one session, since I've had
> to disconnect the modem at certain times.  On my latest session, CVS
> has been giving errors like
>
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open directory
> /cvsroot/gnusrc/gnu/dist/gcc/co     fig: No such file or directory
>
> and sure enough there is a directory in my tree called "co      fig".
> There was another one called "d, 4S".  I assume these originated at my
> end rather than the CVS server end, but I cannot be sure.   It's
> curious that it seems to have affected directory names only, but that
> could be a fluke.

I got similar problems on my alpha (3000/300LX) box, but with no ''.''
directory entry in several sections of the tree.  I was dumping to
another fs and noticed dump giving strange errors.  I could not find
a fix for it, so wound up tarring off everything from that fs that I
needed to save, and then newfs'd it and downloaded source tarballs
instead.  Anyone else have such problems?

Bob