Subject: Re: Package utils broken? or missing dependancy?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2001 19:59:03
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Paul Goyette wrote:

> But first, I was told I had to update pkgtools/pkg_install.
>
> So, I tried.  But when pkg_install attempted to build plgtools/digest,
> it couldn't find a bunch of RMD160_* symbols.
>
> Where should these symbols come from?  And why didn't digest's Makefile
> figure out that I needed something else and install it?

I complained about maybe the same thing on March 9. I guess I am not the
only one to not have a rmd160 library. (I have 1.5.1_ALPHA on i386.)

Does the 1.5 have the rmd160 library by default? If so where?

From my journal:
  I commented out rmd160.h check in the makefile, so it used the rmd160
  code instead of using a rmd160 library that didn't exist on my
  system. (digest checked for the header which I did have.)

My notes are at http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/03/09/0038.html

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/