Subject: RE: Problems make build (libamu or ufsmount ?)
To: Jan H. van Gils <JanVG@Knoware.NL>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2001 09:11:09
On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Jan H. van Gils wrote:

> Yes I made a mistake, I mean that al de directory's under
> /usr/include had to be made by hand.

All of them? You didn't do a "make build" at the top level?

"make build" at the top should do, among other things, "(cd /s/src/etc
&& make DESTDIR=/ distrib-dirs)", which runs "mtree" to make all the
missing directories, and later "make includes", to mostly finish
populating /usr/include. [You can run "make -n build", to see if it's
really going to do that.]

Just one or two directories is a fairly common bug, which goes
unnoticed until someone tries to build a snapshot (or deletes
/usr/include), but if you say you had to make all of them, something
is seriously borked.

Frederick