Subject: Re: README: we(4) at isa change
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/23/2001 18:50:51
On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 07:28:02PM +0100, Jaromír Dolecek wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I've split the code of we(4) driver so that it's easier to attach on other
> busses. I've tested it with a new MCA attachment, but since I don't
> have any appropriate ISA card (nor any machine with ISA slots), I couldn't
> test if the ISA version still works. I don't expect any problems,
> but if you encounter any, please let me know.

FWIW, I don't think it worked with the SMC 8216 ("Ultra") before you made
your changes anyway -- I saw some random crashes after upgrading a machine
with one of those to 1.5 a few weeks ago, but didn't have time to investigate;
switching to another Ethernet card which used a different driver fixed things.

The tracebacks were through the "we" driver, however.  Ugh.

Thor