Subject: Re: GCC 2.95.2
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <Oleg.Polianski@clear.co.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2001 13:59:27
Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> : > What's the status on building the base system with GCC 2.95.2? I ask because
> : > I'm trying to rebuild my 1.5.1_ALPHA box with PGCC 2.95.2.1, and the compile
> : > dies in lib/libcurses complaining about a 'syntax error before '1'' online 96.
> : > The same code compiles fine with EGCS 1.1.2.
> :
> : GCC 2.95.3 has been released 4 days ago... is this going to be imported
> : to the source tree? :)
>
> Yes, it will.

 By the way. I remember someone told about ELF patches (at least for
 ix86 arch) were submitted to GCC maintainers but tracking the compiler'
 sources for last half year (speaking on behalf of me) it seems they were
 not. GCC 3.0 will be released soon and it looks like it'll lack of
 out-of-the-box (tm) ELF support for NetBSD/i386. Is it possible to correct
 this situation?

--
        -- Oleg Polianski <Oleg.Polianski@clear.co.nz>