Subject: Re: D-Link DWL-650
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2001 01:37:36
In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0103190032300.296-100000@yerfable.azeotrope.org>, Dav
e Huang writes:
>wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: D, Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, Version 01.02,
> port 0x400-0x43f
>wi0: too many bytes [8, expected 2] reading type 0xFCE0
>wi0: too many bytes [8, expected 4] reading type 0xFC01
>wi0: could not get mac address, attach failed

Huh.  That's odd.  That's probably an older version of the patch I eventually
did.  Unfortunately, I just sold off my laptop, so I can't exactly test
this anymore.  :)

>(not surprising). I don't have time to mess with it right now, but maybe
>I'll get a chance to look into it later :) (I don't actually have
>anything for it to talk to yet anyways; it's the only 11Mb 802.11 device
>I have :)

It definitely worked with the "last" version I did of that.  As I recall, the
"too many bytes" thing, I eventually worked around by making sure the driver
knew that the DWL was a PRISM 2 chipset.

-s