Subject: Re: i386 won't boot from scsi
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/2001 21:25:31
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 07:08:39PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> Does /dev/sd0a start at the beginning of the disk? (offset 0)

It starts at block 237 (track one).

> If not what does fdisk sd0 have to say? (partition active, flag=0x80)

Ahm.. all partitions are "unused" (well, I never ran fdisk on this disk,
so..)  I guess running fdisk with right parameters will solve the problem.
(I see now that I _should_ have installed NetBSD on this disk using
sysinst, but as I have a live system on wd0 with all pkg stuff and
configuration done, I thought....)

Thanks for the hint, I'll see if I can tell fdisk to DTRT.

  -jm