Subject: RE: CD Writer failure
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2001 09:25:12
I have more than a vague suspicion now.

I built a multi-session CD one my HP here at work (running under NT).  There
wasn't anything on the CD (except for a single 0 byte file).  I took it home
and put it in the burner.  I ran "cdrecord image.iso" and wrote my 1.5.1 ISO
image onto the disk.

I then popped a virgin blank into the drive and went back to ASC 0x89 on CDB
0x25.

I'm thinking it has to be a kernel problem.

I might (as a cheap thrill) go back to a really old version of NetBSD and
see if that helps.