Subject: Re: Terrible tar performance on RAID 0 filesystem
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2001 18:23:02
"Jared D. McNeill" writes:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Greg Oster wrote:
> > >
> > > I already have a bunch of junk on it, so I can't do that...
> >
> > :-/
>
> If you don't mind walking me through properly setting it up again, I can
> remove anything I don't need and tar the rest.

Sure... we can go through the details off-line, but basically just:
 1) archive the stuff you want to keep
 2) build a new disklabel w/ larger values for sectors/track and tracks/cylinder.
    The ones I suggested before might work reasonably well.
 3) apply that disklabel to raid0
 4) newfs /dev/rraid0e
 5) copy the data back on...

Later...