Subject: Anyone netbooting with USB Ethernet successfully?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2001 18:33:17
I'm having a heck of a time getting my IOpener updated from 1.5 to -current,
and it seems mostly related to USB Ethernet.

Under 1.5, I've been using a Netgear EA101 (kue*) for netbooting.
Everything works just dandy.

Upgrading to a -current kernel, the initial DHCP works, but the system gets
stuck after mounting it's root FS (tcpdump shows that it's trying to xfer
init, but it gets stuck).

So, I figured kue was just hosed in -current, and I went and bought a
Linksys 100TX (aue*).  Trying to boot with aue under 1.5 or -current gives
the same results; the device probes, but the LED's don't show link, and
selecting 'aue0' as the boot device doesn't make anything happen. ;-/
(Incidentally, my switch shows that there's link, but the LED's on the
Linksys itself are dark, and no traffic flows.)

So...is anybody having any luck at all using root on NFS with USB Ethernet
on -current?

    ScottE