Subject: two builds on the same tree
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2001 03:36:35
while using the same source tree (shared via nfs) to update two
machines simultaneously, with

OBJMACHINE=yes
MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX!=echo /usr/obj/${MACHINE}-on-`uname -m`
MKOBJDIRS=yes

in my /etc/mk.conf file (i cross compile not infrequently), i found
that the sparc, running behind the alpha (of course), died at

includes ===> lib/libasn1
all ===> lib/libasn1/asn1_compile
/usr/src/lib/libasn1/asn1_compile/asn1_compile /usr/src/lib/libasn1/../../crypto
/dist/heimdal/lib/asn1/k5.asn1
/usr/src/lib/libasn1/asn1_compile/asn1_compile: 1: Syntax error: ")" unexpected
*** Error code 2

Stop.

hmm.  file says

/usr/src/lib/libasn1/asn1_compile/asn1_compile: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, Alpha (unofficial), version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

which makes me wonder.  obviously i can't use the one i built in the
objdirs, since that might be targeted for another arch, yet i
similarly can't use the one in the source tree because someone else
might have built that.  maybe this should just be installed as part of
the normal build process?  is there an easy solution to this, or do i
have to wait for the alpha to finished before doing the sparc?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|