Subject: Re: libtool "--tag" error (fwd)
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2001 16:51:06
On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 03:45:38PM -0600, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:
> I do have gcc package installed, but there is only one gcc/cc, and they under
> /usr/bin, not /usr/pkg/bin.  /usr/bin is before /usr/pkg/bin, too.

Ah... then, based on that and on your config.out as posted to the
mailing list (already deleted the email), I'd say the pkgsrc gcc
isn't learning about all the symbols it should (and the in-tree (g)cc
does).

Do gcc -v. If it's not egcs-2.91.66, this may explain the problem.
(Though I've not done *anything* to investigate exactly why, so...)

At the least, it doesn't seem an unreasonable presumption on the
part of packages to expect our standard cc.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net