Subject: Re: mail configuration
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/2001 08:03:32
On Jul 15,  3:05pm, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
} On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 05:18:25PM -0800, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
} >     #
} >     .bitnet			esmtp:talcott.harvard.edu
}
} There _still_ are .bitnet hosts? Are they using BITNET protocols?
} Reminds me of my not-so-innocent youth.

     Mine too.  Not to mention all the time I spent on RELAY (BITNET's
equivalent and much earlier version of IRC).  It was also the first
time I had access to e-mail.  With some of the protocols every host
would send a report when it forwarded your mail (being a store and
forward network).  I thought it was real neat being able to watch my
mail travel half way around the world in just a couple of minutes.
Speaking of mail, I have fond memories of LISTSERV; it sure beat that
crap we have today, known as Majordomo.

}-- End of excerpt from Ignatios Souvatzis