Subject: mail configuration
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2001 23:07:26
Over the last 6 months or so I have been having more and
more email bounce with configuration complaints about a
non resolvable domain name. My system is set up with an
internal fake domain name on the 10. network address and
thinks of itself that way. Since I have a dialup internet
address, I do not have a static name to use.

The upshot is that I'd like to know how to configure my
email to not bounce. I typically just use elm, and I
don't think I have altered the sendmail.cf file from the
stock file.  I haven't found any configuration to use for
my particular situation, but have not really dredged thru
all of the places I can look in the tree.

If anyone can point me in the proper direction with a quick
note I would greatly appreciate it. My system used to work
fine, and I am uncertain whether it is from when sendmail
was upgraded here on my machine, or a change in the way
the internet is operating. Thanks in advance.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net