Subject: Re: rlogin problem...
To: Andrew Ambrose <aambrose@ennovatenetworks.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2001 13:08:46
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Andrew Ambrose wrote:

> I am trying to rlogin as root.  Its giving me a connection refused error..
>
> I am able to telnet and login as root..

telnet is not rlogin.

> any idea what I need to change to rlogin as root...

If you choose to use rlogin, make sure rlogin in enabled (uncommented and
inetd reloaded) in /etc/inetd.conf.

Since you specifically mentioned "root". You may want to look at the
rhosts(5) manual page.

(On a side note: rlogin will transfer your data and authentication
information in plain text. Depending on your network and configurations,
some other users may be able to "sniff" this traffic.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/