Subject: Cryptographic file storage
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2001 00:35:07
Does anybody have a currently working solution for some kind
of encrypted filesystem on NetBSD?

I'm looking for something like cfs (which I've used under
linux before) -- when not 'mounted', the files aren't stored
anywhere unencrypted.  I've investigated a few solutions
without much success (like tcfs, which I notice had a new
release in January, but still only ports to NetBSD 1.4.2).
A slow and hackish solution involving GnuPG and the risk of
both data loss and unencrypted data in swap space would be
easy to implement, I suppose, but something a bit more
efficient would be nice.

Mark <><