Subject: Re: unproven-pthreads install error - Solved!
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2001 15:42:14
Nope, that's not it!

I had already remade make and reinstalled /usr/share/mk, but I just did
it again to be certain.  Still get same error.

Aha!  Got it!  I looked at the make file, and it doesn't use make.inc
files from /usr/share/mk - it uses make files from the pkgsrc/mk
directory!  cvs update there, and it works now!

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Paul Goyette wrote:
> > Decided to install pthreads in order to use bind9 (my bind8 has started
> > to abort every few hours).
> >
> > Got all the way through the build, but when I do "make install" I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > `/usr/pkgsrc/devel/unproven-pthreads/work.i386/.PLIST' is up to date.
> > ===> [Automatic ELF shared object handling]
> > Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "then")
> > *** Error code 2
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > So, what do I need to update first?   :)
>
> Hmm... sounds like `make' :) or then AFTER that maybe your /usr/share/mk
> files....
>
> Sucess,
> Reinoud

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |