Subject: intel 82815 chipset...
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2001 08:38:39
Good morning.

I've a machine here that has EVERYTHING built onto the mobo; currently I'm
out hunting for an external graphics card from work because while the
kernel (-current) supports the chipset, the NetBSD build of XFree86 4.0.2
does not, even if I jump through the hoops that FreeBSD used in their
config file (unless I've missed a hoop).  The X server builds and runs, but
it cannot load the module for the i810, complaining that the symbol is
not found (yet I find it defined several places in the tree; perhaps linking
was not completely successful as it's a run-time complaint not a build-time
complaint).

I don't know who our XFree86 rep is, but what are the chances someone could
come up with the requisite patches to make this work in the near future?  I
get lost in that jungle of code.

				--*greywolf;
--
Of course it runs BSD.