Subject: Re: sort crashes
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2001 15:39:39
itojun@iijlab.net writes:

> >I have a (repeatable) crash of /usr/bin/sort on certain
> >files -- gives bus error and core dumps.  Stack backtrace
> >puts the error in free() from dladdr().
>
> 	if you could supply the file, other people can track the issue down.
> 	please send-pr with the file, and exact command line arguments.

Hmm, sadly that could be tricky, since the file it died on
was an email database I probably should throw about. :-)
I'll try and find some other way of blowing it up, or look
for the bug myself... (backing up a couple of weeks doesn't
make it go away, sadly)

[The version of sort in -1-5-RELEASE doesn't have this
problem, but IIUC the whole sort program has been newly
imported and overhauled since then.]

Mark <><