Subject: Re: Lucent Wavelan / Cisco Aironet WEP
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2001 22:18:17
Martin J. Laubach writes:

>   Okay. As an aside, how does one switch the Lucent card to
> (standardized) 40-bit WEP? There is no switch for it in wiconfig,
> so does it trigger on the length of the key?

Dunno, try it. :-)

>   Right, that's the point to just have the neighbor not using your
> bandwidth, not because it has to be ultra-secure. I just bought the
> gold card "in case" I have to use it somewhere that actually uses
> 104-bit WEP.

I use a Lucent Silver card with a new Cisco 340(?) with 40bit WEP
and it appears to be working ok.  I have the upgraded firmware on my
Lucent, perhaps that makes a difference.  Well, actually I think you
have to have the upgraded firmware to even use them together without
WEP?

Perhaps I need to sniff it to verify that it is not falling back to
no WEP somehow. :-)

-Andrew