Subject: Re: ex driver loss?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2001 17:42:27
On Fri Feb 09 2001 at 15:37:14 +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> On -current my machine with a ex ethernet interface, the network goes
> down now and then seemingly without reason. An:
>
> ifconfig ex0 down; ifconfig ex0 up
>
> is enough to get it back. I see this happen regularly since at least a
> week ago. Any ideas?

Power-hooks were added to the driver about then. The good thing is that
you don't have a pull the interface down before suspend on a laptop, the
bad thing is that you have pull it up manually after resume before it
will work.

I am assuming you have a PCI card, since I'm not witnessing your random
changes in state on my Cardbus version.

The code is not quite stable at the moment. In addition to the issues
mentioned above, I've had a few panics in the powerhook-section of the
driver. This is more or less a known problem already. Last I heard, it
was almost worked on, also ;)

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>          v          Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/             i            http://www.NetBSD.org/