Subject: Re: Multiple defaultroutes
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: James Sharp <jsharp@psychoses.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2001 18:48:34
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> Is there anyway to specify multiple defaultroutes in -current? I'm using
> PPP over TCP to grab a second IP address from a remote host, and I'd like
> to be able to route through both my normal ISP's gateway and the remote
> PPP server (but use the ISP's gateway by default)

Thats a whole new can o' worms you're opening up.  "Default Route" means
"send it here if I don't know where else to send it".  You have to somehow
teach the kernel which destinations to route over what interface.  That's
usually done by static routes and/or learned routes through the routed &
gated daemons.