Subject: Re: xterm v. xterm-old
To: Geoff Wing <gcw@rxvt.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2001 10:53:18
On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:48:01AM +1100, Geoff Wing wrote:
> OK, then if someone has XTerm*Foreground then they also need to
> include the other colours under the XTerm class, not the VT100 (sub?)class.
> Well, it worked for me (in 88b, v132 & v150) to also add the following
> if XTerm*Foreground is set.
[...]

You have *got* to be shitting me.

This should not be necessary just to get reasonable behavior out of
xterm.

I mean, I'll do it, but, um, this is most certainly irritating
enough to change, because making every color work off Foreground
without any warning at all is complete bollocks.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net