Subject: Re: xterm v. xterm-old
To: Thomas Dickey <dickey@herndon4.his.com>
From: Geoff Wing <gcw@rxvt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2001 10:48:01
Thomas Dickey wrote about Re: xterm v. xterm-old:
:> gabriel rosenkoetter wrote about Re: xterm v. xterm-old:
:> :XTerm*Background: grey20
:> :XTerm*Foreground: grey80
:The class overrides because most of the colors use the Foreground class.
:I know about that, but it was part of the design that I inherited back in
:1996 - puzzling but not annoying enough to alter.

OK, then if someone has XTerm*Foreground then they also need to
include the other colours under the XTerm class, not the VT100 (sub?)class.
Well, it worked for me (in 88b, v132 & v150) to also add the following
if XTerm*Foreground is set.
!------------------------------------------------------------
XTerm*color0: black
XTerm*color1: red3