Subject: Re: -current requires mklocale
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2001 14:46:11
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

: > >I bumped into a "make build" failure going from 1.5.1_ALPHA to -current.
: > >I grep'ed /usr/src/UPDATING and did not see a mention of mklocale.  At
: > >the tail end of building share/ one needs mklocale installed it seems.
: >
: > 	thanks, i've added that into UPDATING.
:
: Hm, is there a trick to bootstrap a -current build without running a current
: kernel, that is without having a currrent lib?

If you aren't going to run a -current kernel, you're already asking for
trouble.  We happen to have no new syscalls yet since 1.5, but it's
typically a requirement to update your kernel anyway.  With that said....

: I'd prefer to build a full -current userland, before I touch my working 1.5
: setup...

Then cross build or chroot build if you don't want to trample tools in
/usr/bin.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/