Subject: Re: xterm v. xterm-old
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2001 21:50:15
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> As far as lynx goes, btw, I rebuilt it and found that only text
> that's supposed to be reverse video is unreabable with "Lynx Version
> 2.8.3rel.1 (23 Apr 2000)" (what I got from a CVS update in
> pkgsrc/www/lynx). I haven't tried pkgsrc/www/lynx-current. Should I?

Don't know, but you could try experimenting with setting COLORTERM and
COLORFGBG in your environment for libslang, as described in

http://www.s-lang.org/doc/html/cslang-5.html#ss5.1

Also if you set LYNX_SCREEN_LIB=ncurses in your environment when you
build the package (either lynx or lynx-current), it'll not only use
ncurses instead of slang, but it'll enable "color styles", which lets
you set the attributes to colors mappings in a file.

Frederick