Subject: Re: assert13 and strlcat not found
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2001 11:37:15
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:

: I followed the src/UPDATING instructions: built a kernel
: (with OBJECT_FMT=A_OUT trick again), added OBJMACHINE and
: MKOBJDIRS in /etc/mk.conf.  But, I am having problem with "make
: build".  The error is "___assert13" and "___strlcat" unresolved
: symbols.  What do I need to rebuild?  libc?  How?  Thanks.

If you are trying to upgrade from this early of a system, you should start
with real binaries from a 1.5 release and build from there.  We don't
support upgrading entirely from source between 1.4 and 1.5.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/